Wednesday, December 10, 2008

This is how you must be born again.

March 21
Our Risen Saviour!!!!!!!!!!!
This weekend so many people are thinking about Easter. New clothes, New shoes, Easter Baskets. To me, It is so expensive and we really have never done anything for our children when it comes to Easter baskets and such.....but My parents are a different story...My mom and dad love to make big things out of Holidays, I am thankful they have always done that for my children, they will have fond memories of their childhoods of the things that Grandma and Grandpa have made special for them. One Easter i remember really well, All of my children were really small, Jordan was about two, My parents always came and put plastic eggs on the front lawn the night before Easter. We got up and opened the front blinds and put Jordan at the front window and she looked out and her eyes got huge.....She said BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!
That is such a sweet memory, Thank you mom and dad for making that possible. These are wonderful memories and I am so thankful for them. I am thankful that they brought me up in a Christian Home.

The thing I want to teach my children like my parents taught me is to remember that we have a Risen Saviour, He is ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!
We don't have to serve a god that has ears that cannot hear, a god with a mouth that cannot speak and a god with hands that cannot comfort.
We serve A God that will speak to us if we will listen to Him, A God that will hear if we will speak to Him, and a God that will comfort us if we will let Him. I am thankful that the World celebrates Easter and recognizes it as a time that Jesus arose from the dead, But us as Christians really need to be more about the Saviour than the Savour. (of the candy)
Let's take time to stop this weekend and be Thankful that God sent his only Begotten Son that we might have eternal life.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, May God bless you and draw you to Himself. I want to lift the name of Jesus so that all men are drawn to him.

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
He is a Wonderful Saviour.

If you don't know for sure if you are going to spend eternity in Heaven, This is the Gospel. This is how you can know how to be saved.
God cannot Lie
Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.You must have Faith.
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
You must repent of your sins. Repentance is a change of heart about your sin and a desire to be different. Realizing your sin is offensive to God.
Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

You must believe the Gospel
Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

No comments: