Wednesday, December 10, 2008

More Changes.

November 13
More changes that have come into my life.

Back in August, My husband had to make a decision and it was one of the hardest things I have ever seen him do. As he loves our former Pastor so much, and did not want to hurt him.He resigned from being the Associate Pastor in Kansas.For the next couple of months, we spent much time in prayer seeking God's face on what he wanted us to do.We went back to Ohio and spent the month of September with my parents, We would walk everyday on the bike trail and pray and seek God. We would walk about 5+ miles per day, we would walk out and pray to ourselves and then walk back and talk to one another about life. It was such a refreshing time for both of us, Not only spiritually, but physically.We went back to Kansas and visited our boys at college in Ok.City.
We were in turmoil to where the Lord wanted us, Doors seem to be opening in Ohio, but we had no peace.Let me go back for a minute. While we were in Ohio, Mike mentioned that he would love to get back to his Rock to spend sometime in prayer, * back in 2004 before we went to Kansas, Mike spent days with a friend in Pineville Kentucky on Pine mountain, praying for direction for our lives. He felt the need to get back to his special place*We took a couple of days and went to Pineville and prayed up on the mountain.While we were in Kentucky we visited Mikes uncles chuch. We fell in love with the church (we have known the Pastor and family for years)Like I said earlier, doors were opening in Ohio, but we had no peace.So back to Kansas.......As we were packing Mike spent hours praying about OHIO or KENTUCKY, We were leaning more towards KY and we called the Pastors wife and told her to start looking for a house, that was on Sat. On Tuesday morning the 7th Mike said lets go rent a moving truck.(no house, not a for sure destination) By faith we rented it to go to Kentucky.
Within a couple hours of having rented the truck the Pastors wife called and said I found you a house.She sent me pics and we fell in love, That night I talked to the landlord, They were a little (a lot) hesitant to rent to us,,,,,,,since my husband did not have a job. But she said, If you are moving here by faith, we will rent to you by faith. (wonderful Christian landlord) The following Tues. Oct 15 we had the moving truck and left Kansas Oct 16th.We drove for 17 hours and finally arrived at about 3 a.m. The house is more than I could have ever imagined. I stand amazed at what the Lord has given us.
My husband still has no job.He did try to start a job, but He was unable to do the work, It was hard labor at a sawmill. ( with having had 5 back surgeries, need i say more?)Please pray for us as he is seeking what the Lord has for us. We just want what the Lord wants for our lives. We are currently helping in the church here in East Bernstadt. They were praying for 5 new families to come to help here in the ministry. We were the first family.ANY OTHERS?
I am so thankful that I have a Lord that I can trust and that I can lean on when there is no other place to go.
Trust me, there were some hard times in there where my faith wavered and I am so thankful that the Lord doesn't hold back his blessings when we waver. In spite of my failures, he still blesses and blesses.
My two oldest boys are still in Oklahoma City in college (Heartland Bible Baptist College) and they are loving it there, we are praying for a way to get them home for Christmas. Corey just got a position with a singing group there at the college and will be traveling as their soundman. This was a blessing, because He received a full ride scholarship while traveling with the group.Zac is the clown of the dorm, but he is a freshman so I am hoping that he will grow out of that as an upper classman next year.
I am currently homeschooling my 3 youngest children with the Abeka DVDs and we are really enjoying the program.Sarah is a sophmore this year, Seth is in the 8th grade and Jordan is a 6th grader.
I am as happy and content as can be.God is so good to me.Life is good.

No comments: