Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A time of reflection on God's Promises.




As I sat down to pray this morning, my mind went back to a blog that I read yesterday by a young man, he provoked me to pray a prayer that only thanks the Lord and asks for nothing. Each morning as I pray, I take the time to write a letter to the Lord as it helps me to stay focused on what I am praying about, after I am done writing my letter, I usually rip it into tiny shreds so that others do not see my inner most thoughts and my battles in the flesh, as I do get totally honest with the Lord in my letters. This morning I wanted to do something different and share my time of prayer with each of you. I pray that this prayer will point you to the promises that God has given us and that maybe if we spent more time reflecting on his promises we would have less defeat in this world we live in today. We as Christians have something that money cannot buy; we have God's words to lean on when times are tough all around us.


Good morning Lord Jesus My Savior, God my father and Holy Spirit my comforter,

I want to take this time today to thank you for all the promises you have given me and to thank you for being so good to me. I am so thankful that you promise that you will never leave me nor forsake me. I am thankful that you loved me, even while I was yet a sinner, you died for me.

I am thankful for your Word. Christ, you were the Word and you came and dwelt among us, and your own received you not, thus the door to the Gentiles opened and allowed salvation to me and today I sit in heavenly places. I am thankful for the Word that rightly divides my thoughts and the intents of my heart. It allows me to look into it and to allow me to behold my natural face and decide if I am gong to become a doer of your Word or just a hearer only. I am thankful that thy Word is truth and that you cannot lie to me. I desire to hide thy word in my heart that I might not sin against thee. I am thankful that God is my refuge and strength a very present help in time of trouble. I am thankful that you cannot change; you are the same yesterday, today and forever.

I am thankful that you have given the comfort of the Holy Spirit. I am thankful for the peace that passeth all understanding and it keeps my mind through Christ Jesus. I am thankful that when I am weak, you are strong, I am thankful for your grace and that it is sufficient for whatever trial I am going through. I am so thankful for my eternal salvation through Jesus Christ our Lord. I am thankful that I am sealed unto the day of redemption and that I do not have to keep myself that you completed salvation on the cross of Calvary. I am so thankful that when I was blind and without Christ, you drew me to you. Day and night you drew me with the Spirit of God. You never gave up on me. I am thankful you opened my blinded eyes.

I am thankful that I do not have to trust in the riches of this world as I know they will all pass away, but that my riches are laid up in heaven where moth and rust cannot corrupt. I am thankful for the comfort to know that I do not have to worry about my needs, as the cattle on a thousand hills are yours and you said you would supply all my need. I am thankful that your word says that I can call unto you and that you will answer me and show me great and mighty things. I am thankful you said to ask and it shall be given, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto me. I am thankful that you do want me to ask you for things, but that you also want me to be thankful for all things. I am thankful that you tell me in your word to rejoice and again I say rejoice. I am thankful for the joy of my salvation.

I am so thankful for my family and the desire you have put in their heart to serve you, I am thankful that you opened my eyes to the promise that except you build my house, my labor is in vain, I am thankful you taught me to trust in you putting in their hearts instead of my own abilities. I am so thankful that I know that I cannot walk this walk unless you give me the ability to do so. I am thankful that you give me a job that I cannot do, then you do it for me, then you reward me as if I did it myself.


I thank you Lord that you said that if I confess my sin that you are faithful and just to forgive me. I am thankful that you said For whosoever called upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. I am so thankful you saved me May 7, 1992, when I took a hold of that promise and believed it with my heart and not my head.


I thank you Lord for the call, many are called but few are chosen, I am thankful that you didn’t choose the mighty, nor the noble, but that you chose the foolish things of this world to confound the wise and that you have chosen the weak things of this world. All I have ever wanted to do is to be used by you and I thank you for using such a servant as I. Bless the Lord, O my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name.


I am so thankful that I do not have to live in this world that we live in today all by myself, that I have your promises that I can trust with all my heart and lean not unto my own understanding.
Thank you Lord.

Amen

2 comments:

Chuck Weinberg said...

Becky,
I think I went to school with Kent and I came upon your blog from his.
You might be encouraged to hear our family's story by going to
www.howgoodisgod.blogspot.com
Follow the heading.
We do have so much to be thankful for.
His Best,
Chuck

Chuck Weinberg said...

Kent Brandenberg, is the Kent I was thinking about. I found your blog on his. I went to HS with him, and I just found him and thought that was interesting.
May the Lord bless you as you walk with Him. He is so good to us, though we only deserve His wrath.
Sorry if the connection is weird, but I guess I'm a little weird.