Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Just an update on what is going on in our lives.

Today is Wednesday, January 21st, 2009, Yesterday was a day of historical proportions. I am so glad I do not have to trust in the things of this world. I will pray for our Leader and trust that the heart of the king is in the hand of the Lord.

As for me and my family, we are taking one day at a time and trusting the Lord for all of our provisions. It amazes me how far God can stretch a dollar and how a 20.00 bill handed to you when you least expect it can carry you over until the next time the Lord sees the need of more.
We have not needed for anything. Last Sunday night the Lord seen fit to give us $800.00 he used other Christians to provide this and that was just enough to pay the pressing bills.
It has never felt so good to pay our bills.
I have been so encouraged by so many Christians that have been down this road before. I had one elderly lady tell me...." Becky, My family and I went 8 months one time without one penny of income and the Lord met every need." It helped me to know that others have trod this ground and came out stronger on the other side and are still faithfully serving the Lord today.

I have wavered, I have doubted, I have cried out to God and questioned What are you doing Lord? BUT,
I have been encouraged at how the Lord has held true to his word inspite of my weak faith, which has taught me that inspite of my weak faith, my weak faith is better than no faith because he honours faith just like he said he would.
Not my will be done, but thine be done. Lord I believe, Help thou mine unbelief.
I hope that my trial can some how encourage someone to keep hanging onto God's promises, because he is faithful and once again.......My favorite verse, God cannot lie...Titus 1:2

3 comments:

ThePainterPack said...

Hi there. I just wanted to say that I will keep your family in my prayers. I too have waivered...I'm desperately searching for a church and a church family. Times are tough, but I have to remember that God will provide our needs...he will not abandon us. God bless you and your family.

Sherri

Rebecca said...

What part of the country are you in? Maybe I can help you find a church. email me, mommiesgotfive@hotmail.com
God Bless and thanks for you comment.

Amber said...

hey! I didn't know you had a blog! I enjoyed your post on here, We was reminded of that very thing this week due to truck problems! anyways, I also have a blog, it's www.gavin-brooklynns-mama.blogspot.com . Let me know if you have problems!
have a blesses weekend!