Saturday, January 3, 2009

DO WE REALLY WORSHIP OUR LORD?

Websters dictionary defines
WORSHIP, n. [See Worth.]
1. Excellence of character; dignity; worth; worthiness.

Last week we went to my fathers church and
he asked my two boys to preach, My oldest son,
Corey, preached a message out of Matthew 6: 9-13
The Lord's prayer, he outlined the prayer and
showed the parts of prayer that we should
allow in our time with the Lord.
In Verse 9 he pointed out that we should worship
the Lord. Verse 10 we should surrender, verse
11 we should confess our sin, verse 13 acknowledge
our deliverence and also Praise the Lord.
As he preached that message, I realized that I had not
been surrendering myself to the trial that we have been
in. I have been fighting the Lord in this trial, upset that
things were not as I would have liked them to be for the
holidays.
As I was doing my devotions the other day, I was going
through the steps that he had pointed out and I finally
surrendered to this trial.....The peace that flooded my
soul was so wonderful. It is easy to say, I surrender
my life to the Lord and take off walking and forget that
surrender is an ongoing process in our lives. It has to be
a daily surrender. Easy preachin, Hard living.
This week as I have been following these guildlines, I had
to stop and take the time to acknowledge worship.
I began to study worship, I looked up all the times worship
was listed in the back of my bible and I began to realize what
true worship really is.
The first time it is mentioned in my concordance was in
Psa 95:6 O come, let us worship and bow down: let us
kneel before the LORD our maker.
Verses 4 and 5 of that same chapter acknowledge the truth that
God is a great God and that he is our creator.

My thought about worship is this, according to the word of God
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must
worship him in spirit and in truth.
We must take the truths of the word of God and acknowledge
them as truths and allow our Spirit to bear withness
in our hearts that they are true.
In Psalms 95 as I said earlier That verse calls us to worship
him as our creator.

The Spirit bears witness in our hearts at the truths of God.

Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship:
for salvation is of the Jews.
Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when
the true worshippers shall worship the Father in
spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship
him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
As we see in these verses, He is telling them that they
are worshipping but not with the Spirit, but that the
Spirit will come and will guild them into true worship.

We cannot truly worship the Lord without the Spirit
of God. He is the one that settles his truths down deep
in our hearts.
Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him:
for he that cometh to God must believe that he is,
and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
By faith we take God's truths and we put our faith in his
promises. Remember when the father came to Jesus
with the child that was filled with demons and the father
said in Mar 9:24 And straightway the father of the child cried out,
and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
Oh he wanted to believe God could heal his son, but he knew
in his own heart his faith was not as strong as it needed to be.
We have the Spirit that gives us the strength to trust God's
word but even if we don't have strong faith, he has given us
this example to call out to him to help us with our faith.
We must acknowledge that our faith is weak and
We must constantly ask the Lord to increase our faith

Do we really worship the Lord with his truths?
Let me take a minute to worship my Lord.
I HAVE ETERNAL LIFE
John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have eternal life.

THE STING OF DEATH HAS BEEN TAKEN FROM ME.
1Co 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF ME.
Philp 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches
in glory by Christ Jesus.
Psa 37:25 I have been young, and now am old;
yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken,
nor his seed begging bread.

My favorite verse
MY GOD CANNOT LIE
Tit 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie,
promised before the world began;
I can worship the Lord in the fact that I know his word
is true. His promises are so sure. Because his word says
he cannot lie to me.
It is impossible for him not to fulfil his word.

What trial are you going through in your life?
Can we just stop and get our eyes off of the trial
for a minute and recognize and worship the Lord
and realize he is the one in control and he deserves
us to stop worship him. He is worthy to
be praised and worshiped.
WORSHIP, n. [See Worth.]1. Excellence of character;
dignity; worth; worthiness.
Can you imagine going through life without his
promises? People are doing it everyday,
We need to be people of faith so that others can
see our Lord.
Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead,
so faith without works is dead also.
Stand up and worship your Lord today and let the
Spirit bear witness that
HE TRULY IS THE SON OF GOD
People must see our unwavering faith in God's promises.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bonjour I'd love to congratulate you for such a terrific quality site!
Just thought this is a nice way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Laurence Todd
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/clifford-party-supplies.html]clifford Party Supplies[/url].