Thursday, April 25, 2013

Aged women? Are you?

It has been forever since I have posted anything to my blog but for the last couple of days I have been pondering these verses and felt the need to share my heart. 1 Timothy 2: 3-5 3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. Early on in my walk with the Lord I had several aged women (in the Lord) that I looked to for guidance in raising my children, loving my husband, keeping my home etc. I thank the Lord that he set such Godly examples in my life to teach me what the Lord expected from a Christian wife and mother and I am so thankful they ministered to me with such grace and mercy (not all but most did) As I grew in the Lord and as my family grew, God also allowed me the opportunity to become an aged women to some younger women. Now before you think I am bragging on oneself, that is not it at all. What I want to convey is the joy that came in my life was like non-other. Those younger women were so hungry for truth, they had so many questions that made me keep my nose in the book, it made me walk more circumspectantly and it made me very aware of how others were watching my walk with the Lord, it made me want to strive to newer heights with the Lord, it created within me a zeal to show those women how rewarding it is to be a Christian women that is doing what God intended us to do. Not by choice but by necessity, over the last couple of years I have had to leave the home and go into the work force and I feel this area of my life has taken a beating or maybe the Lord has put me on the backside of the desert to drudge out some ugly that no one should ever see. :) Non the less, God has once again brought some amazing aged women into my life to once again set the example of what the aged women are to look like and I am so thankful that the Lord is still working in my life. We are all an older women to someone, remember someone is watching you and you may be the only Bible they ever see. I will tell you a story to back this truth up. I was going to get my hair cut and I just did not know where to go so I prayed about it and I looked up a Salon and I called, they were normally closed on Mondays but there happen to be one lady in that day that had one opening and they placed me in that spot. As I arrived I was greeted by a very sweet young lady and she was very comfortable to talk with, she explained that her husband was having surgery that week and that she was doing all of her appointments this day so she could be off for his surgery. During our conversation she asked me if I lived in a certain neighborhood and I said, yes I do, she said yeah, I know you, I was shocked because I did not know her, she said you are known as the church lady in our neighbourhood, it floored me, I said really, why? she said because we see you out with your children walking with them and passing out tracts and inviting others to church and we see you in your skirts all the time, that cracked me up, but made me very grateful that others knew me as the church lady and not something else. Mike and I told her we would pray for her husband and I asked for her number so that I could call and check on him to see if everything went ok. Long story short, this young lady became one of the young ladies I was talking about earlier. God allow me to lead her to him and she was that newborn that desired the sensere milk of the word, she fanned my fire for a couple of years and still to this day she is serving the Lord and raising her family to serve him. Having experienced both sides of the spectrum aged/younger, I encourage each of you to ask God to send you what he feels you need in your life at this time, or send both, an aged women that you can gleen from and listen to and not buck up against when she tells you what God's word says (with grace, hopefully) and the younger that you can nurture (with Grace). I think we get so caught up in busy that we forget our roles as women. God intended us to pour ourselves into others and if we are not doing that we are robbing ourselves of some huge blessings. Thank you to all the aged women that have made an impact on my Christian walk.

No comments: