Thursday, April 12, 2012

Prayer

Lately I have heard a lot of preaching on prayer and it has challenged me to walk more closely in prayer with my Lord I have always desired a strong prayer life, a close relationship with my Lord but so many things draw me from this special privilege. I have had prayers answered that I knew that only God could have heard my request and fulfilled the desire or need, you would think that alone would encourage me to stay on my knees and take every burden to him. My heart is heavy today and I desire an answer and a burden lifted this morning and as I approached the throne of heaven I felt the closeness of his presence there to comfort me. I am so thankful that I have a heavenly father that is there to help me through times of hardship. I believe that one of the things that is very needful in our prayer time is a time of true soul searching and admitting where we really are. Confession is good for the soul is such a true statement. I know I have been quilty of approaching the Lord and saying things like, I love you Lord, I want to serve you with all my heart, I want to do your perfect will but in all actuality if I were honest and get down to the knitty gritty of my heart, my confession should be as follows: I do not love you the way I should, give me a heart that wants to love you. I do not really want to serve you with all my heart because I let other things come before my service to you. I do not really want your will for my life because I throw fits and want my way far to much in my life. God really knows our heart and who are we really trying to fool? I know we would never openly stand and say I DO NOT WANT God's will for my life, GASP! What would people think of us? But our actions already show where our heart is and we are not fooling God. I am thankful that a man and his wife taught me early in my walk with the Lord that telling God where you really are in your life will grow you quicker than trying to convince yourself, God and others around you that you are something that you really are not! We are all sinners saved by grace and we ought not think more highly of ourselves than what we really are. Roman 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. I desire to serve the Lord but in my flesh dwelleth no good thing. Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. If not for the grace of God to help me do his will, I will not do it, but I need to acknowledge who I truly am and see my true need for his help in my life. I pray that this will encourage you to humble yourself and seek God's help as you walk with him today.

No comments: