Saturday, November 27, 2010

Are our Walls Broken Down?

I have been reading in Nehemiah and as I have been reading I realized that the broken heart I once had for the ruins in my own life or that I see around me has disappeared. Nehemiah was broken and in anguish for the ruins that Jerusalem had become. He desired to be that man that God would use to rebuild that city. Now Nehemiah was not a preacher, or a man of importance, he was the cupbearer to the King but God still chose to use him because of his willingness to be used. I think many times we think it is the job of the preachers or the leaders to do great things but what about us? God can use any of us we just have to be willing to be used.

The first thing that Nehemiah did was he rebuilt the walls, we too have to rebuild the walls to keep the enemy out of our lives. We have to many breaches in our lives where satan can freely attack us. We must rebuild the walls of our lives and take back our lives from satan having free reign. He attacks and we just sit down and we do not fight back. We must take back our lives and allow God to have control. We fill our minds with the worlds thoughts until we have no more power to defeat and we become defeated.

The second thing they did was they returned to reading the law (WORD OF GOD)(King James Version) They wept when the word of God was read. We need to return to the Word of God in our lives. Some have turned to watered down versions of the Word of God, other translations that have no power and no ability to really change who we are. We have simple biblical truths without the power behind it to give us true victory or life changing power. These people wept as it was being read, when was the last time we just sat and wept as we read God's words? How much do we really appreciate that we have God's word in our homes and the freedom to read it and live it.
Be careful we may not have this much longer, we need to hide as much of his word in our hearts as we can while we still have this freedom to do so.

The third thing they did was they fasted and repented. When was the last time we took a day and fasted and really asked God to search our hearts so that we could be clean before Him?

Psalms 139: 23 and 24
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if [there be any] wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

This is a very hard thing to do because we as a people do not like to think there is anything wrong with us. We want to believe the best about ourselves.
But I assure you if you will do this, God will show you things in your life that need to be changed and when you make a conscious effort to change those things, more peace and more joy comes to your life.

I know when I was 25 years old my life was in shambles and I had no peace in my life, I was trying to be a good church member and I was trying very hard to live good, but still had no peace in my heart. God was drawing me to him and I did not understand true salvation. I began to search the scriptures for the truth and I began to pray that God would search my heart and show me if there was anything that was not pleasing him. I would read scriptures like.....

Psalms 9:17
THE WICKED SHALL BE TURNED INTO HELL, [and] all the nations that forget God.
Psalms 14:3
They are all gone aside, they are [all] together become filthy: [there is] none that DOETH GOOD, no, not one.
Ecclesiastes 7:20
For [there is] not a just man upon earth, that DOETH GOOD, and sinneth not.

As I would read these scriptures, I would deny their truth....because I was trying to do good, and I was not wicked....
But on May 7th 1992, I was tired of not having peace and once again asked someone if they ever doubted whether they were truly a child of God and this lady showed me a verse that forever changed my life.

Romans 10:3 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

I wanted to know God, I was trying to know God but I had never submitted myself to his truths, I had to take sides against my thoughts and believe his WORDS.
I was wicked, none of my goodness was going to get me to heaven and I had to submit myself to his truth. I repented of my thoughts and believed his words and
for the first time in my life I had perfect peace.

As time goes by we can tend to walk away from his truths and take on our own thoughts and not his truth in our lives thus comes confusion, and emptiness in our daily walk.
Let's be like Nehemiah and start rebuilding those walls and get back to serving our Lord.
I hope your walls are not broken down but If they are I encourage you to get alone with God and his word and begin to search the scriptures daily and allow God to change your life.
I have several posts on Salvation and if I did not make it clear in this posting what true salvation is please go to my labels on my sidebar and look up Salvation posts. Keep searching until you have peace of knowing that you have an eternal home in heaven, the scriptures tell us in 1 John 5:13 that we can know we have eternal life.

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.


4 comments:

Megan said...

Sorry I haven't been around lately Rebecca!

But I just had to comment on this post!

I've been reading and studying the bible and realized that though I was a Christian before Savannah passed, I was living "lukewarm."

I know that God may have taken her to build a "HOT" relationship with him... not just me, but my husband as well.

I've built those walls and discovered all of the ways Satan was "getting in." Into our everyday lives without even knowing it.

Sadly it took the loss of my daughter to realize this, but I THANK GOD!! That He took the steps to show me. Now with the way I present myself and the Glory I continually give back to him after loosing my daughter, I have brought another woman who lost a child to Christ! And before she didn't even believe in Heaven!!!! GOD IS SO SO GOOD!!!

Rebecca said...

Praise the Lord Megan. I am so glad that you have come to this spot you have come to. A lot of times we do not understand why things happen in our lives but If we believe God's word he says in
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.

Our life is for HIS purpose not ours.

1 Corinthians 6:20
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

I understand that the loss of a child must be beyond anything that we can handle without the help from the Lord but think about this that the soul you were able to lead to Christ was through the loss of your sweet dear Savannah. God felt you worthy to use because he knew you would come through this shining brighter for HIM.
Bless the Lord Megan.
God Bless you and your family and stand strong in the Lord and keep shining for him.
Rebecca

Quiltingranny said...

I also lost a child, but God used it to not only draw me closer to Him, but to others as well! I love this post and I have been in a ladies Bible study, the walls that are coming is amazing, God is clearing our hearts and drawing us near!

Unknown said...

Nice blog! You sure do have a talented family. Check out our family as we serve the Lord in West Africa. http://consfords.blogspot.com/