Friday, October 29, 2010

How clean are we?

John 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

According to the Word of God (KJV) we are clean through his word. I believe the more time you spend reading the Word of God the cleaner vessel you become for Him. I do believe that we as a person see things from reading and realize there are some things we need to change but I believe that God does some of it for us too.
We actively need to be a doer of the word and not a hearer only but we also need to realize that our heavenly Father has begun a good work in us and will perform it until the day we go to heaven.
James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ:

I am so thankful for the Word of God (KJV) and I think we as Americans tend to take it for granted. There are still countries out there that do not have a single page of the written word and there are places that have only a few pages of the Word and they are cherished and read and reread.
How much do we really cherish what God has so freely given us?


2 comments:

Gale said...

Good words!

I'm stopping by to thank you for being a follower at my Scribbleprints blog and invite you to a Blog Party I'm having with some fun games and giveaways.

http://scribbleprints.blogspot.com/2010/10/101-followers-party-time-to-celebrate.html

Quiltingranny said...

Amen Rebecca!