Saturday, January 31, 2009

Once again the Lord is true to his word!

Taken from the Baptist Bread Feb 1st 2009:
"My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever." Psalms 145:21

On a cold January in 1736, two clergymen were with some passengers aboard a ship off the Georgia coast. A violent storm overtook them and broke the mainsail and mast. Most of the passengers fled screaming below deck. The two ministers noticed the Moravian Christians stayed above deck and sang hymns. The ministers asked, "Were you not afraid?" a Moravian answered, "Thank God, no." Two years later in a Moravian mission in England, one of those same two clergymen was converted. Three days later the other brother was converted. On the eleventh anniversary of that conversion, the words of the Moravian preacher, Peter Bohler, kept coming to the mind of Charles Wesley: "Had I a thousand tongues, I would praise God with them all." Charles Wesley soon wrote:
O For a thousand tongues to sing
My Great Redeemer's praise,
The glories of my God and King,
The triumphs of His grace!*
I wonder if God is pleased with the praise of my tongue? I wonder what percentage of my words are praise and thanksgiving to God? Let us use our one tongue to fulfill our purpose to praise God.
*Taken from A HYMN IS BORN, Clint Bonner, Broadman Press, 1959. C.S

As i sit here this morning thinking over the last couple of months, I realize how weak I really am, I realize how much I really do need my blessed Saviour. It is easy to praise him when things are going good, but I want to be found faithful in the good and the bad and through this trial I am sad to say I have gotten weary but inspite of my weariness the Lord has been faithful to me.
The Lord has recently provided enough money for us to pay all of our bills for Jan, Feb, some of March and April. I stand amazed at what the Lord has done for us. I can sit here and honestly say, My God shall supply all my need and I want to praise the Lord with the one tongue he has given me, Oh that we could learn to stand strong and praise him even when we are in the midst of the storm, others are watching how we will sustain the winds of our trials, people are looking for something they can grasp onto that is real. Let us always stand strong in the good times and bad and let his praise be continually in my mouth.

No comments: