Saturday, December 20, 2008

What shall I give Him? I give Him my heart.

This time of the year is so filled with the hustle of shopping,
visiting family, making cookies, I could go on and on.
We as Christians sometimes get so caught up in the
festivities that we forget to really stop and take in the
meaning of what this celebration is all about. My heart
was recently challenged when I was sent this paper
written by a young lady of the age of 17. I believe
that she found the true meaning to the Christmas holiday.
Will you take the time to read this and examine your own heart today?
What will you give your Saviour for Christmas?


Written by: Miranda Anderson

"Happy Birthday, My Strength and My Redeemer"


Dear Lord,
Hello there Lord. Mrs.Burke has asked us to
write a paper on what we wanted to give to You
for Your birthday. Which here on earth we celebrate
on December the 25th. But I am sure You already
knew that. Now whether or not that is your real
birthday is beyond me. I guess I will have to find
that one out when I get to Heaven.
But to be honest with You Lord when Mrs.Burke
asked us what we wanted to give You my mind
went totally blank. Then I started to think. "What could
I possibly have that would be good enough for the
God who gave His life for me?" I thought "Lord I have
already given You my life. what else could I possibly
give?" Then I started to panic because I thought that
I was going to have absolutely nothing to give to You.
But then it clicked and then I thought "Oh silly me!
There is still so much more that I can give to my God."
Then Lord when I began to think of how much
I have in my life that I have not fully surrendered to You.
My heart began to break because I realized that I was not
doing everything that I possibly could in my power to
serve You and to live a better life for You, so Lord here are
the things that I am going to fully surrender to You
and give to You on Your birthday.
The first thing that I want to give to You is my mind.
You said in Your word in Philippians 4:8 "Finally,brethren,
whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just,
whatsoever things are pure,whatsoever things are lovely,
whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any
virtue, and if there be any praise think on these things.
" Lord I have not been thinking on these things.
I am constantly letting my mind wander and think
on things that people have done or said to me, and then
I end up jumping to conclusions and I end up in trouble
or hurt, and I am sick of it Lord. I just want my mind to
be concentrated on You God, so that I can have a better
relationship with You, so as of today Lord I give You my
mind. Please control it Lord because I cannot.
The second thing that I want to give You Lord is my mouth.
Psalm 141:3 "Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth:
keep the door of my lips." Lord please help me to watch
what comes out of my mouth. A lot of the time things that
I say don't bring honour and glory to Your name. God I
want everything that comes out of my mouth to please You.
Help me Lord to attain this goal. I give it to You.
The third thing that I want to give You is becoming a better
soul winner. God in Your word it tells of You being a soul winner.
You were so bold and confident when You led the Samaritan
woman to You in the book of John, it was just amazing!
Lord I want to do for more people what You did for that
Samaritan woman. When I speak to people about You I
want their eyes to be opened by the truths that I speak
to them about. Lord I give You my word on being a better
soul winner for You. But Lord please help me not to be
scared when I talk to people and help me to be more bold
and confident when I speak. Help me to be more like
You in this area of my life.
Now the fourth and final thing that I want to give You is my time.
Ephesians 5:16 "Redeeming the time because the days are evil.
" Lord please help me to redeem my time with You. Lord I know
that I have been asking for Your help in a lot of these gifts
that I am giving You. But I want them to be permanent.
I don't want to take these gifts away from You Lord.
I want them to be yours forever, so Lord help me to
spend more and more time with You each day,
because You deserve my time, You deserve so much more
than what I could ever be for You. But I know that You love
me God regardless of what I am because if You didn't love
me You wouldn't have given Your life for me.
Lord for Your birthday I give You my mind, speech,
soul winning heart, and my time. I hope that these gifts
bring You much joy my Lord. I wish that I could give You so much more.
But You are a God of grace and I am sure that You will forgive me for
falling short so many times. Happy Birthday Jesus! I love You so much.
Psalm 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart,
be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer."

Your Daughter,
Miranda Renae Anderson

May God Bless your holidays and may you decide
to give him your mind, speech, soulwinning heart
and your time. Can you imagine what we could do
for Christ this coming year if we all decided to have
this kinda of heart for our Saviour.

" I give you all that is mine in 2009"

No comments: